5 Best Beaches in Malta
Palazzo Paolina Boutique Hotel is in the heart of Valletta, the capital city of Malta. Few metres away from Palazzo Paolina there is a bus terminus which can take you anywhere around the country! Bear in mind to buy a 7 day unlimited travel explore card so you can enjoy the best things in Malta and Gozo. Since Summer is just around the corner, we are glad to publish the top 5 beaches in Malta. One of Malta’s top attractions are definetely the beach and sun. We are proud to say that Malta was awarded the 12 Blue Flag awards in May 2017. These are the top 5 best beaches in Malta that you should visit during your stay when residing in Palazzo Paolina Boutique Hotel.
- Golden Bay is a beautiful and the second most popular sandy beach in Malta.
- You have to catch bus 44 from the Valletta Bus Terminus. It is estimated that you will arrive there in 1 hour 30 mins.
- Golden Bay has obtained the Beach of Quality status.
- Remember to take your camera as there is a beautiful scenery. (Especially atSunset)
- Riviera also known as Ghajn Tuffieha is located at the north-west of Malta.
- You have to catch bus 44 from the Valletta Bus Terminus. Estimated time is 1 hour and 30 mins.
- On top of the cliffs, one can see an ancient defence tower, built in the mid-1600s, which was used as a watch tower during World War II.
- Make sure not to get out of breath as 180 steps need to be taken in order to get to the beach.
- Ġnejna is both a sandy and rocky beach and is located close to Riviera.
- You have to catch bus 44 from the Valletta Bus Terminus. It is estimated that you will arrive there within 1 hour and 30 mins.
- A series of boat houses line the left side of
- Make sure you capture sunset and the marvellous landscape.
Mellieha Bay (Ghadira)
- Mellieha Bay also known as Ghadira Bay is at the far northern end of the Island and is the largest and most popular beach in Malta.
- You have to catch bus 133 from the Valletta Bus Terminus and then take bus 41. Estimated time is 1 hr and 45 minutes.
- Feel like swimming in deep seas? Then you need to swim considerably out of the coast, as the sea is shallow for many tens of metres. P.S This is ideal for families with children.
- Paradise Bay is one of the most attractive beaches in Malta.
- One can see both Gozo and Comino from the beach.
- Suggested route to take by bus is 133 from the Valletta Bus Terminal and then take bus 41 followed by bus 101. Estimated time is two hours.
- If you are adventurous you might consider renting a Kayak and paddle across the channel to Gozo! Be careful rumour has it that there might be sharks lurking around!
We recommend you to book your holiday with Palazzo Paolina Boutique Hotel. We will be more than happy to assist you in finding these beaches on our island.
Experience Affordable Luxury. Experience Palazzo Paolina.Book Now